From point of manufacture to final installation anywhere in the world, is all part of a single transportation contract, bearing the hallmark of a Henry Abram & Son's "Turnkey Contract".
An example of a ‘Turnkey’ Project managed by Henry Abram & Sons Ltd was for a Sub-sea Towhead shipment. The contract involved:
- Collection of the Sub-sea Towhead from point of manufacture
- Loading by mobile crane
- Seafastening to Warranty Surveyor’s approval
- Discharging by mobile crane
- Reloading onto a barge for transhipment
- Rolling off barge and loading onto road transporter
- Finally skidding into position and jacking onto final supports
All aspects of transportation from crane and barge/ship selection to trailer configurations were engineered by or under the direct control of Henry Abram & Sons.
The common component which makes a ‘Turnkey Contract’ is the high interdependency of separate services, disciplines and their schedules on the efficient outcome of a project. As a direct result of these interdependencies, the project above and many others (major and minor) have benefited from the attention to detail, planning and close supervision afforded to all projects undertaken by Henry Abram & Sons.